Re: impending change #2...
From: Ben Collins-Sussman <sussman_at_newton.ch.collab.net>
Date: 2001-02-09 17:52:05 CET
Greg Hudson <ghudson@MIT.EDU> writes:
> > * all replace_*() calls now take both base_rev and target_rev
There's been a lot of discussion here about what to do with updates,
`Selective updates' is a hard problem.
The system for updates, we think, should work like this:
* client has a list of specific, non-intersecting targets to update.
* client hands gives update-editor and target list to RA layer,
* client uses the reporter to describe WC revision numbers (only
* RA layer then drives the update-editor, beginning at the common
* As the RA layer drives, it will certainly need to call
* By adding "tgt_rev" to each replace_*() call, we're giving
I think this system is fundamentally better than the old idea --
This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Dev mailing list.