Greg Stein wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 18, 2000 at 08:22:22AM +0200, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> > Isn't the readline stuff under GPL?
> Yes, it is. And we're talking GPL... not LGPL. Thus, readline cannot be a
> required component of SVN without suffering the "viral" effects.
> If there is a BSD equiv, that would be nice... but I haven't heard of one yet.
There's 'getline', which doesn't have all of readline's features,
but which does basic editing. ncftp and tin can be built with
getline instead of readline, so it does a decent enough job.
You can find it at ftp://ftp.sco.com/skunkware/src/lib/getline-39-src.tar.gz
* Copyright (C) 1991, 1992, 1993 by Chris Thewalt (firstname.lastname@example.org)
* Permission to use, copy, modify, and distribute this software
* for any purpose and without fee is hereby granted, provided
* that the above copyright notices appear in all copies and that both the
* copyright notice and this permission notice appear in supporting
* documentation. This software is provided "as is" without express or
* implied warranty.
* Thanks to the following people who have provided enhancements and fixes:
* Ron Ueberschaer, Christoph Keller, Scott Schwartz, Steven List,
* DaviD W. Sanderson, Goran Bostrom, Michael Gleason, Glenn Kasten,
* Edin Hodzic, Eric J Bivona, Kai Uwe Rommel, Danny Quah, Ulrich Betzler
Received on Sat Oct 21 14:36:11 2006