We have the following problem in using Subversion (currently version 1.6.15):
* I open the Windows Internet Explorer 8.0
* I enter there the URL to our Subversion repository: https://our.company.com/svn/REPO/trunk/docs
* I have to login with my credentials (user ID and password).
* I am able to navigate up and down the hierarchy of directories. The credentials are stored in the session, and are not asked again.
* Every time I try to open an Office document (PPT, XLS, DOC), I see the following happening:
o The windows download / open dialog is opened
o When I press open, there comes a popup that asks for my credentials again. It is not the one of the browser, but of the application that the document belongs to. The icon of that popup is also the one of the application.
o I see in the background a window that shows the whole URL in a dialog. The dialog is named "Open" (German: Öffnen), and has only the button "Cancel".
o I then enter my credentials or approve the cached ones and press then "OK".
o This popup comes then 3 times, with the same contents.
o After the last one, the Office document is opened.
* I have asked our admins and they told me that they think that the IE8 tries to establish a WebDAV connection, which fails 3 times. Then the office document is downloaded as normally.
* This does not happen with any other browser: Firefox, Chrome, Opera, Sarari are all ok, even Internet Explorer 6.0 is.
This happens only with Windows 7 (not sure about 64 bit only), and Internet Explorer 8. It has nothing to do with the client version of Subversion.
I have 2 questions:
1. What is the reason for this behavior?
2. Is there anything we can do (server or client side) to fix that behavior?
Thank you a lot
Received on 2012-03-23 19:29:04 CET