RE: Problems compiling 1.7.0 on redhat el4 64bit
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2011 14:49:30 -0600
Ok, I've tracked down which revision caused the problem. It happened in rev 1104160. Stefan2 made a change to utf.c to speed up UTF8 conversion. Ever since this change went in I am seeing subversion crash when I compile on 64bit el4.
Just for kicks and giggles I updated to the HEAD revision of http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/subversion/trunk. Did a reverse merge on rev 1104160, cleaned up the conflicts and built it and viola! No more crashing when built on 64bit el4.
This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Users mailing list.