Resolved now, seems the sync.c file is added in the Subversion source trunk (1.7?) , but is not not in any 1.6.x releases of the source, so that fooled us.
Note : All inquiries regarding Subversion, MKS and general Development servers should be directed to "EDB SourceControl System"
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Christopher Dobbs [mailto:christopher.dobbs_at_edb.com]
> Sent: 14. desember 2010 15:25
> To: users_at_subversion.apache.org
> Subject: Re: svnsync failure when syncing with a repository that used
> ISO-8859-1 for log messages
> Danny Trebbien <dtrebbien <at> gmail.com> writes:
> > > I must be missing something here, is this patch applied to the
> current SVN
> > >
> > > I have downloaded SVN 1.6.15 source from Tigris.org, and cant find
> changes in the source. Also this
> > patch is applied to a file : subversion/svnsync/sync.c but in my
> source there is only a file
> > main.c in the svnsync directory.
> > >
> > > We are for the moment stuck with this UTF-8 problem in one of our
> properties, and cant proceed
> > with seting up this sync, so any pointers are welcome!
> > >
> > > Geir
> > Hi Geir,
> Hi Danny,
> I am working with Geir Engebakken on this and we understand you won't
> the patch now until 1.7.x - That's fine but I wanted to try out the
> patch myself
> now so I tried to run it in and it is looking for sync.c and sync.h
> which dont
> seem to exist in my source tree. I have downloaded the latest version
> Any help is appreciated!!
> > No, this patch has not yet been applied to SVN trunk. I have been
> > working with some of the Subversion devs (Daniel Shahaf, Gavin, and
> > Julian) to fix this problem in a series of commits. We are currently
> > working on a patch to libsvn_subr-1 upon which my svnsync patch
> > depends, and it is very close to being applied to trunk, but hasn't
> > been committed yet. I suspect that when all is said and done, the
> > version of Subversion that will contain the patch will be in the
> > series.
> > In the meantime, the way that I got past the issue with syncing the
> > GNU Nano repository was to compile Subversion with the above patch
> > (the one that always recodes revprops into ISO-8859-1), use the
> > newly-compiled `svnsync` to sync the repository, revert to a standard
> > build of `svnsync`, and use `svnsync copy-revprops` to "go back" and
> > fix the revprops of revisions that really use UTF-8. The idea here
> > to pick an encoding (ISO-8859-1) that is partially compatible with
> > UTF-8 and in which any sequence of bytes is a "valid" string in that
> > encoding. After syncing the entire repository in that encoding, any
> > revprops that are encoded in UTF-8 will be incorrect. But, after
> > identifying specific revisions or ranges of revisions where revprops
> > are encoded in UTF-8, you "go back" and use the standard `svnsync
> > copy-revprops` for each of these revisions to correct them.
> > Hope that helps,
> > Danny
Received on 2010-12-15 14:47:44 CET