I have already posted this problem on both Google Code and http://groups.google.com/group/tortoisesvn/browse_frm/thread/69600123997cae33#
Project is hosted at Google Code: http://code.google.com/p/amped/source/browse/
Repository was created Jan 29, 2009. I think Google upgraded to SVN 1.5 Feb 5, 2009
TSVN: 1.5 (Originally) 1.65 (Currently)
I have searched and read the numerous posts about about modified properties when merging but have not found a solution to our problem.
When merging a range of revisions from branch to trunk, a single revision containing two modified files, 242 files show as modified - 240 of these are only modified properties - 2 are the files with text modifications.
When I check Diff on the files with merged properties, I see:
-1 /branches/2.1/[filename]:402-635 with a line through it
I tested committing one of these files to trunk, tried modifying that file in branch and merging it to trunk and it resulted in a conflict. Thus, I assume I cannot commit the merge showing the 240 modified properties to trunk or I will get conflicts on all those files.
I also tried creating a new branch from trunk, repeated the test merge, with the same results.
1. We never used branches until recently (July 24, 2009) Then we needed to create a
feature branch – branches/2.1 which was an exact copy of /trunk at that time.
2. We did not commit any further changes to /trunk – we only worked on branches/2.1
3. When the feature - branches/2.1 was completed, we merged it to /trunk using Merge Reintegrate
4. Then we renamed branches/2.1 to branches/3.0
5. When we released the latest version, branches/3.0 was renamed to /tags/Release 3.0
6. As we started work on version 3.1, we created a new branches/3.1 which was an exact copy of /trunk
7. Next, we decided to add some new apps to SVN. Those were initally added separately from /trunk
8. However, we decided we wanted everything in /trunk and so we restructured /trunk to include new subfolders for the new apps. We
also moved the existing files from /trunk to a subfolder /skin I believe this was done using Repo Browser.
9. Branches/3.1 was still using the old structure and Test Merges resulted in "skipped missing target" errors. So we restructured branches/3.1 to match the new /trunk structure.
10. Then I tried to merge a range of revisions from branches/3.1 to trunk/skin and that resulted in the current problem - files showing as modified (Properties, text is normal except for those that have actually changed)
Our project is grinding to a halt as we
are unable to merge changes from /branches/3.1 to /trunk. Our branch has many
changes in various states of development, some ready to merge to trunk, some not., some which will 'break' areas of the project until they are completed.
What would you recommend to resolve this issue?
To unsubscribe from this discussion, e-mail: [users-unsubscribe_at_subversion.tigris.org].
Received on 2009-10-12 08:05:27 CEST