As soon as you said you were on a Mac, I was thinking that this may be
a case sensitivity issue.
The Mac's OS is an interesting amalgam of BSD Unix and the old System
9 - not in structure or programming, but in the way the OS handles
certain issues. For example, a file can consist of two separate parts:
a data fork and a resource fork. Unix utilities don't usually
understand this, so tools like SugarSync have problems on a Mac. Also,
some Mac files (such as applications) are really folders in structure.
This causes a lot of pains with Mac development using tools such as
Another issue is file namespace. On standard Unix, there is a
difference between ChangeLog and changelog. But, in Subversion, these
are two different files.
There are other issues like the EOL issue. Macs seem to do all three
<CR> <CRLF> and <LF> depending upon the tool used. Older based Mac
programs using the GUI still put just a <CR> on the ends of the files.
The command line Unix utilities do a <LF>, and some developer tools
(such as VIM) seem to prefer a <CRLF> to match their PC counterpart.
This is no slam against the Mac. I have Macs at home and hope to help
the U.S. out of these economic doldrums by buying a new MacBook. I
also use Subversion and do a lot of development work on the Mac. I
like the Mac as a development platform -- mainly because all of the
standard OSS tools are there: Apache, PHP, Perl, gcc, JDK, etc. And,
I've noticed that the Mac versions of many tools come out before the
But, you do get some rather interesting results on the Mac that you
wouldn't get on a PC or Linux box.
I'm glad you found the problem.
On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 12:13 AM, Ajay Gautam <ajay610_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> I think your post solved the issue.
> After re-reading your explanation, I decided to get rid of ChangeLog:
> svn rm http://ajaygautam.homelinux.net/svn/peppercorn/phplist-2.10.8/ChangeLog
> After that, the checkout works fine...
> As it turns out, there was another file called "changelog" in the same
> folder. Different cases, same name... I think thats what was screwing
> up the contents in .svn
To unsubscribe from this discussion, e-mail: [users-unsubscribe_at_subversion.tigris.org].
Received on 2009-02-03 16:24:29 CET