I have been facing a problem with broken SVN checkouts. So far I tried to
ignore this as I could always start it fresh. But this time it is a huge WC
and I am on a dialup. Hence I wanted a better deal.
This is what happens. When my checkout was going on, my dial-up network got
disconnected. I was using rapidsvn for this update. When I found my window
was not responding for a long time, I killed rapidsvn. Then I tried a simple
svn update in the working copy. But that failed. I tried co also. That also
failed giving the same message
svn: Working copy '.' locked
svn: run 'svn cleanup' to remove locks (type 'svn help cleanup' for details)
But when I ran svn cleanup, I got the following error message:
[root_at_srv1 Surf]# svn cleanup
svn: In directory 'Executables/DSPExecutable'
svn: Error processing command 'modify-wcprop' in 'Executables/DSPExecutable'
svn: 'Executables/DSPExecutable/SECUREC6424.OUT' is not under version
I searched the net and found the following post at your forum.
(I have BCC-ed users who were on that thread)
It had reported a similar issue with almost same error message. Then I
downloaded and installed the latest svn and rapidsvn from tigris. However,
the issue still remains.
I am making this post especially because the person who posted message there
could not give a method to reproduce the error. For me, this is always
1. Create a repo and import some huge files (Huge enough that they take a
few minutes to checkout over network)
2. Use rapidsvn or even svn and checkout the files
3. When the checkout of any big file is in progress, remove the nwk cable of
your machine (I am just simulating a dialup failure)
4. When the co hangs, kill the program
5. Next time when you up/co this WC, you will face the above problem
I am sorry if this is already been solved. It will be really helpful if
someone can point me in correct direction. (For my svn version, please see
[root_at_srv1 Surf]# svn --version
svn, version 1.5.4 (r33841)
compiled Nov 18 2008, 13:46:41
Copyright (C) 2000-2008 CollabNet.
Subversion is open source software, see http://subversion.tigris.org/
This product includes software developed by CollabNet (
The following repository access (RA) modules are available:
* ra_neon : Module for accessing a repository via WebDAV protocol using
- handles 'http' scheme
* ra_svn : Module for accessing a repository using the svn network protocol.
- with Cyrus SASL authentication
- handles 'svn' scheme
* ra_local : Module for accessing a repository on local disk.
- handles 'file' scheme
[root_at_srv1 Surf]# uname -r
S B Sarin
Received on 2008-11-18 17:59:04 CET