On Mar 19, 2008, at 12:28 PM, Hari Kodungallur wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 11:59 AM, Greg Willits
> <lists_at_gregwillits.ws> wrote:
> OS X 10.5.2, svn 1.4.4, OpenSSH_4.5p1, OpenSSL 0.9.7l
> It's either trouble with my ssh setup or my understanding of how it
> should work...
> First, I suggest that you make sure you can ssh into the server
> machine without password. Then try to bring svn into the picture.
> It will be easier to debug that way.
I couldn't, so I tore everything out, went back and read some stuff,
and started some new experiments.
After much step-by-step, one-variable-at-a-time troubleshooting I
discovered the entire problem came down to the file names of the keys.
I had read something that said you can have as many keys as you want,
so if you needed keys uniuqe to specific purposes, it was OK to name
them different things. I took that advice and was creating svnkey/
svnkey.pub for a variety of seemingly good reasons at the time.
Well, it would appear that OS X (either the 10.4 client or the 10.5
server I am using or both) doesn't care for that idea. Maybe the
above was simply bad advice, I don't know. The files MUST be named
using the SSH defaults, or the whole ssh key thing simply doesn't work.
Once I got that figured out, everything popped into place.
And yes, you're right, I also must have svn@ in front of the server
name, or I get the password prompt. However, the tunnelling does
properly attribute changes to the real user and not the svn user.
So, I'm completely set up the way I wanted to be (svn+ssh, don't have
to create real users on the server, changes are attributed to the
actual developers). Whew!!
Received on 2008-03-20 00:21:00 CET