> From: news [mailto:email@example.com] On Behalf Of Eric Hanchrow
> <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> Jonathan> If I rename a folder in SVN so that it has a space at
> Jonathan> the end, it stops being possible to check out a working
> Jonathan> copy of the parent.
> Works for me, with a recent trunk build of svn.
Thanks for your reply. I should have been clearer about my set-up - I
assumed this would be easily reproducible.
I am using svn command-line client 1.4.5 (r25188) on Windows XP, with
a build date of 22-Aug-07 - this is the latest binary release
available from the main Subversion site. I'm trying to check out a URL
of http://server/svn/sandbox/usr/ash which contains three folders 'Box',
'Trunk ' (note the trailing space) and 'TrunkTwo'. Inside 'Trunk ' is a
single file 'Branch_test_file.c'.
Transcript (I'm using Cygwin bash as the shell):
$ rm -rf ash
$ svn co http://server/svn/sandbox/usr/ash
svn: Can't create directory 'ash\Trunk \.svn': The system cannot find the path specified.
What is checked out is a top-level folder 'ash', containing a '.svn'
folder and an empty folder 'Trunk' (without a trailing space in the name).
I don't see anything in the change log since 1.4.5 that could fix this
problem? (copied here from http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/trunk/CHANGES)
* fixed: unbounded memory use in "svn cat" over ra_svn (r26964, -8)
* fixed: 'svn diff --summarize file' displays erroneous output (issue #2765)
* fixed: 'svn status' wrong on previously-reverted deleted dir (issue #2804)
* fixed: 'svn up' can delete unversioned symlinks (issue #1808)
* fixed: use correct properties for locally replaced files (issue #2743)
* fixed: 'svn info -R $REPO_ROOT' w/ pre-1.2 svnserve broken (r26264)
* fixed: svnsync ignores '--config-dir' (r27056)
* datestamps can be localized (r26156)
* fixed: text base not updated when merging a replaced file (issue #2698)
* fixed: inverted 'switch --relocate' error message (r22355)
* fixed: sporadically failing file and directory removal on Windows (r25520)
* fixed: property file handling for schedule-delete files (r25833)
* fixed: allow invalid svn:eol-style values (r28331)
* fixed: 'svnadmin rmlocks' should error when no path provided (r28431)
* support neon 0.26.4 (r26077)
* fixed: authz granted if calculation inconclusive (r23815)
* fixed: svndumpfilter crashes on Windows (r23494)
* fixed: wrong pointer type used for memset (r27263)
* fixed: invalid FSFS directory cache can corrupt repository (r27256)
* fixed: dir props on FSFS filesystem root never conflict (issue #2608)
- Client and Server:
* fixed: "No newline at end of file" message translated (issue #2906)
* use compressed delta encoding for 'svn blame' in svnserve (r26115)
* translation updates for Simplified Chinese
This email is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this email in error and that any use, disclosure, copying or distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error please contact the sender. Any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Praxis.
Although this email and any attachments are believed to be free of any virus or other defect, no responsibility is accepted by Praxis or any of its associated companies for any loss or damage arising in any way from the receipt or use thereof. The IT Department at Praxis can be contacted at email@example.com.
Praxis High Integrity Systems Ltd:
Company Number: 3302507, registered in England and Wales
Registered Address: 20 Manvers Street, Bath. BA1 1PX
VAT Registered in Great Britain: 682635707
To unsubscribe, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
For additional commands, e-mail: email@example.com
Received on Wed Dec 19 09:46:56 2007