On 6/10/07, Bjorn Boulder <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> I've fallen into a small SVN pit.
> Currently svn stat is telling me this:
> mac:/pt/w/b/b14 maco$ svn stat
> X vendor/rails
> X vendor/plugins/active_scaffold
> Performing status on external item at 'vendor/rails'
> Performing status on external item at 'vendor/plugins/active_scaffold'
> D vendor/plugins/active_scaffold/test
> D vendor/plugins/active_scaffold/test/extensions
> D vendor/plugins/active_scaffold/test/extensions/array.rb
> D vendor/plugins/active_scaffold/test/model_stub.rb
> I'd like to toss
> into the trash.
> How do I do that?
> I've tried ...
> svn delete vendor/plugins/active_scaffold
> That did not work.
You might be intending to do one of the following (I don't know which one):
(1) Simply remove the external from the directory and hence not checkout the
(2) Entirely discard the directory referenced by the external.
(1) From the above directory (/pt/w/b/b14?), execute the following commands
- svn pedit svn:externals .
-- edit the line that contains vendor/plugins/active_scaffold and close
- svn ci .
(2) From the above directory (/pt/w/b/b14?), execute the following commands:
- svn delete vendors/plugins/active_scaffold
- svn ci vendors/plugins/active_scaffold
-- note that at this step, (a) you have to check in the changes and (b)
if you just execute "svn ci", it will not check in changes to the externals
- then repeat the steps in (1) because once this directory is deleted, you
don't want another directory referencing it.
Received on Mon Jun 11 11:34:44 2007