[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

RE: Re: Problem integration Subversion with Apache

From: Andre Ambrosio <andre.ambrosio_at_eminit.com>
Date: 2006-06-29 17:26:10 CEST

Kris,

The first installation I tryied was from David's RPM, but it misses
libcom_err.so.3 here. And, after you said, downloaded the Dag's packages
and got no success too.

From David's I could install neon-deve, neon-debug, (neon is already
installed here with a newer version, don't know if it is a problem) and
subversion-debuginfo. The rest of them I couldn't.

Is there a workaraound ou real solution to libcom_err.so.3? I already
try to create a symbolic link to the 2.x, but it was unsuccessful.

Regards,

Andre.

-----Original Message-----
From: Kris Deugau [mailto:kdeugau@vianet.ca]
Sent: quinta-feira, 29 de junho de 2006 11:40
To: users@subversion.tigris.org
Subject: Re: Problem integration Subversion with Apache

Andre Ambrosio wrote:
> The "apachectl configtest" gives OK result. And I installed Subversion

> from scratch because when trying to do so with RPMs, there is so much
> dependence and most of them I have older installed which is needed by
> other programs (like glibc). So, I couldn't install via RPM.
>
> If you have any tip to solve RPM installation, it would be the best
> way to get Subversion up and running!

Unless you really want the absolute latest stable Subversion release,
using Dag Wieers' yum repo (see http://dag.wieers.com/home-made/apt/)
instead of David Summers' files should produce a working HTTP-serveable
Subversion install without too many extra dependencies and replacements.

  I've been using Dag's packages for some time and I've yet to have
trouble with them - and they don't require replacing anything other than
peripheral stock packages.

I spent a while yesterday trying to build Subversion 1.3.2 with as close
to "stock" RHEL3 (actually the White Box Linux clone) as possible - and
I kept running into failures when I tried to package it.

Direct source build-and-installs seemed to be OK, however. :/

I'll take another quick look at it today - I suspect the problem comes
up with the SWIG bits (Perl and Python bindings), but it's a little hard
to tell.

-kgd

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@subversion.tigris.org
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@subversion.tigris.org

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@subversion.tigris.org
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@subversion.tigris.org
Received on Thu Jun 29 17:27:04 2006

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Users mailing list.