MS-Windows linker error while building svn from code.
I'm still trying to build svn from source on a MS-Windows XP machine.
Making progress, but not too fast. :(
My biggest problem is that APR (C:\SVN\src-trunk\apr) is not configured
correct. I followed the INSTALL file 'to the letter' and tried subversion
source code from scr co... as well as from the zip distribution.
In both cases the compiler complains about three include files it can't
find (strings.h, sys/uio.h and arpa/inet.h while C:\SVN\src-trunk\apr\include\apr.hw clearly states that these files will NOT be used.
This all happends in C:\SVN\src-trunk\apr\include\apr-want.h
Only when in a blunt move these three #includes are out commented things
start to compile. But this is not a safe solution! I still don't know
what is wrong, I've just cut away the efects of it
Has anyone of you seen this problem before or does anyone know what
my wrongdoing is?
And now for something completely different.
Want to read about one of the more 'easy' problems I did see tonight?
Just read this last bit then. (Has good entertainment value)
Has anyone seen the following message before? I don't know what 'swig'
should be doing. It looks like some functionality is skipped. The message
suggeste that is is not a big problem. That is something I can have a look at
in a later stage.
| python gen-make.py -t dsp --with-zlib=..\zlib
| swig not found; skipping SWIG file generation...
| msdev subversion_msvc.dsw /USEENV /MAKE "__ALL_TESTS__ - Win32 Release"
| --------------------Configuration: libapr - Win32 Release--------------------
| Compiling resources...
| link.exe: missing operand after `@C:\\DOCUME~1\\papa\\LOCALS~1\\Temp\\RSP2C.tmp' <mailto:`@C:\\DOCUME~1\\papa\\LOCALS~1\\Temp\\RSP2C.tmp'>
| Probeer `link.exe --help' voor meer informatie.
| Error executing link.exe.
| __ALL_TESTS__ - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
The linker message is clear as... mud. `link.exe --help' is interesting by
the way. It tells me it is not the VC++ linker but another one. A search
learns me that I have 5 programs called ´link.exe´ on my system. One with masm32,
another one with GNUwin32 and three (yes 3!) from Microsoft. To be specific
they are in '...Microsoft Platform SDK\bin\win64, ...Microsoft Visual Sudio\VC98\bin and ...Microsoft Platform SDK\Bin\win64\x86\AMD64. (So effectively still
one which can do anything) Renaming the first one to mlink.exe (short for masm32_linker) and the second one to glink.exe solves this for the moment.
Received on Thu Mar 23 02:37:25 2006
This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Users