Thanks for creating the bug issue. In the meantime here is
what I will be doing:
1. Do a svnadmin dump of my repository. I have checked
and this yields a file in which each line of a text file contains
an extra character at the end, that is, the spurious CR.
2. Scan the file and strip off the spurious CR's everywhere
it appears. A script file can do this with a bit of thought.
3. Then reload the repository with the "cleaned" file. This
should give me a "clean" repository. I'll do this after I
compile for 1.0.0 on the server.
4. Then checkout working copies to both Linux and W2K clients
and check if they look OK. If so, make archives
of the W2K working copy and send them to my
project team members. I'm the only one on the team right
now using Linux and that will remain so for a long time.
Having the correct line endings in the repository makes
me feel a bit more confident about the behavior of the
repository when we all start pounding away at it in a
week or two.
My above plan seems
simpler than moving the project to Linux, doing a dos2unix
and then importing from Linux. The output of the dump
command clearly shows everyline that has the wrong ending
character in it.
Thanks for your help. Lets hope the bug can be fixed soon.
On Monday 23 February 2004 12:07 pm, you wrote:
> "Delbert D. Franz" <email@example.com> writes:
> > Thanks for your response. It seems that the behavior
> > in question is currently shrouded in a bit of mystery.
> > I did some more testing on my system. Moved my test case
> > to Linux, I run W2K under Vmware on Linux, so that was easy.
> > The repository is on a Linux box already.
> > 1. Created a test dir on Linux that matches the one on W2K
> > but with the correct line endings for Linux.
> > 2. Used svn import to create a new test case: testsvn2 on
> > the server. Checked the db strings, and yes, they only have a LF as
> > line endings. This differs from the result when importing from W2K
> > where the db strings have a CRLF as the eol signal! This is not the
> > expected result.
> Yes, there is a very obvious bug in the auto-props/import code.
> Importing files with non-LF line endings won't produce the right
> result if svn:eol-style is set. This is a general problem, not
> Windows specific. I have raised issue 1756.
> Philip Martin
To unsubscribe, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
For additional commands, e-mail: email@example.com
Received on Mon Feb 23 21:29:01 2004