AW: About svn client
From: Markus Schaber <m.schaber_at_3s-software.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2012 07:45:52 +0000
Von: 张扬 [mailto:lanseguiji26_at_gmail.com]
> I want to implement a svn client,and i have read the svn design from the subversion site.but now,i don't know how to do.should i read the source code of the subversion,i remember there is a simple implementation of a client,or what doc should i read now. hope your reply!
What kind of client do you want to write, and what is the purpose? The more details you give us, the better advise we can give.
- First, check the existing clients whether they fulfill your needs. If one of them is "nearly" what you want, you could talk to the developers whether they extend their client to meet your needs, or if it is free software, you can modify it yourself, possibly contributing the changes upstream. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_Subversion_clients lists the most known clients.
- Second, if none of the existing clients is near of what you want, you should read "the book" http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.7/ and possibly the design documents in the source tree, so you understand everything about subversion in general.
- For small tasks, scripts using the svn command line utilities might be the better solution than writing your own client.
- For some applications, writing a WebDav client running against a mod_dav_svn based server might be an alternative.
- In most other cases, you should really base your client on the existing subversion libraries, either directly, or by using one of the existing language bindings (Perl, Python, SharpSVN, ...) instead of writing everything on your own.
- If you need pure java, SvnKit provides an alternative client implementation which works without native code.
-- ___________________________ We software Automation. 3S-Smart Software Solutions GmbH Markus Schaber | Developer Memminger Str. 151 | 87439 Kempten | Germany | Tel. +49-831-54031-0 | Fax +49-831-54031-50 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Web: http://www.3s-software.com CoDeSys internet forum: http://forum.3s-software.com Download CoDeSys sample projects: http://www.3s-software.com/index.shtml?sample_projects Managing Directors: Dipl.Inf. Dieter Hess, Dipl.Inf. Manfred Werner | Trade register: Kempten HRB 6186 | Tax ID No.: DE 167014915 ------------------------------------------------------ http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4061&dsMessageId=2931354 To unsubscribe from this discussion, e-mail: [users-unsubscribe_at_tortoisesvn.tigris.org].Received on 2012-03-06 08:46:06 CET
This is an archived mail posted to the TortoiseSVN Users mailing list.