[TSVN problem] Overlay icons disappear- TSVN cracks
From: Arne Třn <Arne.Ton_at_jotne.com>
Date: 2007-10-03 10:59:29 CEST
(not on mailing list - respond direct to email@example.com)
OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600
TortoiseSVN 1.4.5, Build 10425 - 32 Bit , 2007/08/26 11:14:13 (check for updates says it is the last)
Just in case you have a tip:
- A couple of times every week my TortoiseSVN "cracks". All icons disappear.
- Sometimes it still works, but without icons. To get the icons back I have to reinstall Tortoise. Tweaking icon overlay settings has apparently no effect.
- Sometimes it also runs "out of sync" with the repository, I then have to checkout to a new directory. (every second week)
- It was more or less the same back in spring 2006 and summer 2005 when I used SVN in another project, (it was even worse actually). Since then I have done a total WinXP reinstall twice....
- This seem to happen when I move between my office and home or elsewhere (no network...) - but of course not every time, only sometimes.
- Also it may have to do with the automatic windows updates.
- I am using a SUBSTed drive on a local disk. I tried tweaking settings but it semms not to help. I found a couple of entries in haxx bit none right on the spot...
I have been unable to find any particular logs/messages or similar in my PC, apart from a lot of network connection complaints every time I move from home to office - DHCP faults and similar. That's natural. Any tips? Is there any "reinstall overlay icons" button somewhere?
This is an archived mail posted to the TortoiseSVN Users mailing list.