Simon Large wrote:
> I have a attached bat file (with txt extension to get past ISP virus
> checkers) which reproduces this in TSVN now. It has a PAUSE command part
> way through.
> Run the batch file and hit any key to pass through the pause first to
> see the results with the CLI. Note that the WC subfolder contains file1.cpp
> Now run the batch file and leave it on pause.
> Navigate to the WC in explorer.
> Right click on the WC folder and select Merge.
> Change the URL from 'main' to 'branch/b'
> Show log and select r5.
> Update if you like (it seems to make no difference)
> Note that the WC subfolder is empty.
> A fresh checkout of this URL shows WC containing file1.cpp
> I used SVN 1.2.0 (the latest client I have!) and TSVN r5225. I know
> these are not the same, but Philip Martin reports that there is no
> problem with the trunk CLI, and Michael Colefax has tried CLI 1.2.3 and
> TSVN 1.2.6 or similar.
> For some reason, TSVN is producing different results from the CLI, and
> the difference is not being fixed by an update. This is a little
> worrying as I thought we could never go far wrong when using the SVN
> libraries :-/
Thanks a lot for the script!
I've now tried different params with both the CL client (today's 1.3.x
branch) and TSVN. And it's some strange behavior of the Subversion lib
that causes this. I'm not sure if it's a bug or intended, but I tend to
If you change the second last line from
svn merge -r4:5 %REPO%/branch/b %WC%
svn merge -r4:5 %REPO%/branch/b %WC% --force
you'll see the same behavior as in TSVN. I always thought that the
--force flag doesn't change the behavior of the merging and it's only
there to force the merge in case it would otherwise fail.
Off to report this on the Subversion list...
oo // \\ "De Chelonian Mobile"
(_,\/ \_/ \ TortoiseSVN
\ \_/_\_/> The coolest Interface to (Sub)Version Control
/_/ \_\ http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org
To unsubscribe, e-mail: email@example.com
For additional commands, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Received on Sun Dec 25 04:27:37 2005