I am now merging the branches and investigating the Merge dialogue.
1. The radio buttons with ControlIDs: 1468, 1469, 1470 do not have a hotkeys
attached - at least I have not even found the underlined characters in the
names of these radio-buttons.
2. The Help button also does not have a hotkey attached though it is not so
important we do not use this button every day.
3. The merge from combo box with ControlID = 1029 and the next button in the
Tab order with the ControlID = 1035 do not have a keybord shortcuts.
it is quite possible here to give a shortcut only to Combo box if it is too
complicated to do this for the button. One Tab is not a nightmare...
4. The button mentioned above with the controlID = 1035 do not have a
Note here: There can be different methods assigning the label to this
- making it self drawn and giving it a window name - may be this also will
allow to assign a hotkey to it.
- assigning the accName MSAA property to it.
- Giving it a meaningfull ToolTip which will be catched with the screen
5. The merge range edit box with ControlID = 1421.
6. The reverse mode checkbox with ControlID = 1423 also does not have a
shortcut key - it is important since used rather often in practice.
7. The help edit box with the text of a short help with controlID = 1422.
There are several problems here:
- No meaningfull label, something like 'Short help' could be fine. Not to
bother the sighted people here the best way is to assign the accName
property for the blind only.
- No shortcut here, though it is not that importance - we need not to read
- Something is wrong with the way you are using this edit box - usually edit
boxes do have a accValue property set to the text in the edit box - it is
Microsoft default, but not in this case and this causes problems with screen
readers that use only MSAA without screen text.
8. Edit box for the working copy ControlID = 1425 does not have a shortcut
key. A meaningfull label for this edit box would be good, but not a must
since it is the first edit box under the Working copy group box and quite
understandable. Again not to bother the sighted people the accName property
could be quite enough.
9. The combo box 'merge depth' with ControlID = 1373 - does not have a
10. The checkbox 'Ignore ancestry' with the ControlID = 1267 does not have a
11. The next Checkbox in the tab order with ControlID = 1126 also does not
have a shortcut.
12. The next group of radio buttons with ControlIDs: 1390, 1391, 1392 do not
13. The only record checkbox with ControlID = 1424 does not have a shortcut.
This one is important since needed to toggle rather often without touching
14. The most important here is missing shortcut on the Merge button with the
ControlID = 12325 - it is used everytime and I have to tab the whole
dialogue to press it - takes a lot of time - 7 Tabs to it!
More dialogues coming soon....
To unsubscribe from this discussion, e-mail: [dev-unsubscribe_at_tortoisesvn.tigris.org].
Received on 2009-12-11 12:32:23 CET