I have a small annoyance with the date selectors in the log dialog.
1) Just try to enter a date manually (how old fashioned :)) by clicking on
one of the date selectors. Immediately when you finished entering a number
(day, month or year), the filter is applied and the cursor is placed in the
text filter box. If I want to enter a from date like 01.06.2004, I have to
place the cursor in the date selector three times. Not nice.
2) It is also possible to get the date selector into a state where it
doesn't accept a manually entered date at all. This happens when the entire
date string is selected and not just a substring. No matter what you type,
the date is ignored even when it's in the available date range. To me it
looks like there is an edit box on top of the combobox which is active. The
only way to recover is to click onto the arrow and select a date from there.
Afterwards a date can be entered manually again (See 1)
3) Clicking on "today" in the calender view doesn't do anything. Is it
supposed to do something?
4) In the summary line the revisions are given in the order: total, highest,
lowest, selected. Wouldn't it be more intuitive to show the from - to range
in the order lowest - highest instead?
5) Same for the revision range selector. I know that most of the time you
want to view the latest N revisions (looking from now into the past), so
there is a logic behind it. Human intuition (at least mine) sees from - to
as an ascending range and not as descending. Look at the default settings in
the merge dialog (from zero to HEAD). I know you can do reverse merges, but
there's a reason for calling it reverse :). I'd like to have the same
default in the log dialog. From low to high without influencing the sort
order in the list.
6) There's a bug in this system. Show the TortoiseSVN log. Select from 8000
to HEAD. The log shows "395 revisions, from 8000 to 8423". Click on "Next
100". The log shows "494 revisions, from 8000 to 8321". The number of
fetched revisions is added to the count but subtracted from the "to" value,
which is wrong when the revisions are shown in ascending order.
7) There is also no progress indicator if the revisions "from 8000 to HEAD"
It could be a good idea to separate the "Next N" button into "Previous",
"Next" buttons and a "N Revisions" Edit box.
- "Previous" always goes into the past and is disabled when revision 0 has
- "Next" always goes into the present and is enabled, when the revision
range is open at the top. E.g. "Show range 7000-8000". Disabled, when the
HEAD revision is shown. Can also be left enabled all the time, because HEAD
may change while the dialog is open.
- "N Revisions" is pre-filled with the value of N from the dialog 1 settings
page. It just overrides the default for the current instance of the log
dialog. This would allow the user to quickly get the previous 1000 revisions
- Move the "Stop on copy/rename" checkbox above the three buttons
Make low-high the default for from-to in the range selector and in the
Accept entering "8000-HEAD" and "HEAD-8000", but always treat the lower
revision as "from" and the higher as "to".
Don't change the list sort order when a revision range is selected. Maybe I
have it sorted by bug id (which doesn't work BTW) and want to keep that sort
oo // \\ "De Chelonian Mobile"
(_,\/ \_/ \ TortoiseSVN
\ \_/_\_/> The coolest Interface to (Sub)Version Control
/_/ \_\ http://tortoisesvn.net
To unsubscribe, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
For additional commands, e-mail: email@example.com
Received on Fri Jan 5 11:32:31 2007