We started using SVN properties to track things like author, last-review
date etc. It seems to be a natural mechanism to deal with external to
file itself attributes. However there is no natural support for it -
those properties are hard to find and use.
I suggest a few additions in subclipse interface:
- ability to add properties at commit time. All committed files should
share them as they do with commit message
- ability to search. Here I see several different options:
- find tags that are assigned anywhere in repository
- find files that have a tag which satisfies a given regular
- find files that have a specified tag with a given value
That would facilitate search of files with a given tag (or set of tags,
one could come up with logical expressions based on tags).
- all files that have property 'author'
- all files that have property 'author' is Johns
- all files have property 'last-reviewed' that contains 'Aug;
I think this could make property main stream feature as it should be.
Currently it is hard to use.
Dispersed Storage: http://cleversafe.org <http://cleversafe.org/>
Received on Thu Aug 9 09:19:44 2007
This is an archived mail posted to the Subclipse Users