Re: AW: Re: New->Repository location... problem with 0.9.34 on fresh Eclipse 3.1
This is actually an Eclipse issue with an open bug filed. We added this
workaround in Subclipse (notifying you of the situation) because Subclipse
wouldn't work correctly when you have this situation.
The problem is that when we run a Subversion API it gives us back paths
using the correct file system case. We then take this String and have to
convert it to an Eclipse IResource so that we can perform Eclipse actions.
Eclipse has a method which takes a String pointing to a file and gives
you back an Eclipse IResource but that Eclipse code does some internal
String comparisons and fails to provide us the IResource if they do not
match exactly. The problem is that when Eclipse starts up it does not
bother to normalize the String it receives for the workspace path. If it
just took that String and converted it to the file system case then there
would be no problem.
Anyway, this was one of the biggest problems we were dealing with in
Subclipse for a long time. The mailing list used to get messages several
times a week where people were having problems where this turned out to be
the root. So we added a workaround where we detect the problem and report
it to you so that you can fix it yourself.
Scanned for SoftLanding Systems, Inc. and SoftLanding Europe Plc by IBM Email Security Management Services powered by MessageLabs.
Received on Wed Sep 14 22:48:34 2005
This is an archived mail posted to the Subclipse Users