[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

Bug in Refactoring (Rename class) in Windows

From: Adrian Shum <ajiman_at_gmail.com>
Date: 2005-08-15 05:05:18 CEST

I am not sure if it is a bug, it is related to changing class name
(using Refactoring) with difference only be case of letter

First I described what I have did
1) First I have public class (hence a corresponding java file)
named, for example, FOOBar

2) I tried to perform refactoring by renaming the class from
FOOBar to FooBar, it failed, which I thinkis caused by Subclipse.
I think it is "normal" as official svn client cannot rename files in
local working copy with only case difference either.

3) Then I try another way, first rename FOOBar to FooBarXxx

4) without commit, I rename FooBarXxx to FooBar, and it is successful.

5) However, after commit and update again, the working copy seems
unable to update correctly, and the working copy seems 'corrupted'
even I update from scratch again.

6) I tried to do similar things manually using svn client, I found, after
my first rename from FOOBar to FooBarXxx, I CANNOT rename
FooBarXxx to FooBar unless I perform a commit first (something like,
because, FooBarXxx is not in repository yet)

I am not sure whether subclipse should follow the behaviour of official
svn client in such scenerio.
Received on Mon Aug 15 13:05:18 2005

This is an archived mail posted to the Subclipse Users mailing list.