26 August 2005
NOTE to JavaSVN Users: As of this release of Subclipse, support for
is a client adapter is now included as part of Subclipse. There is no need
to install anything else. Subclipse should automatically use JavaSVN as
default client adapter if JavaHL is not found.
The Synchronize action takes another leap forward in correctness in this
release. However, in some cases this is at the sake of performance. To
the view act correctly we needed some information that Subversion is not
returning in the status -u command. So we have to follow that up with an
svn info command. This is an O(N) algorithm where N is the number of
incoming changes. Depending on the speed of the connection, this can
slow things down. All is not lost, however. JavaSVN was able to rev their
API to provide all of the information in the single status call. So if you
use the JavaSVN adapter you do not suffer any performance boost. Also, we
are working hard to get the Subversion API in JavaHL revved for Subversion
1.3. Finally, we are also looking for other ways to approach the problem
that could work today. Correctness has to come before performance, and the
changes in this release really get this action closer to the correct
* Support for JavaSVN as a client adapter
* Subversion 1.2.3 JavaHL binaries for Windows
* JavaSVN 0.9.2 binaries
* Better progress information during commit and update
* Better reporting of errors when JavaHL library fails to load. The
errors are shown in a dialog when you attempt to select JavaHL in
* Internal performance improvements
* No longer log exceptions about loading client adapters, provided
at least one adapter loads successfully. This is just to reduce log
clutter and confusion.
* Fixed a NPE querying getRepository() on RemoteResources. (360)
* Linked resources are now excluded from Synchronize view. (352)
* Fixed NPE in SVNUrlUtils.java#getUrlFromLocalFileName() when
* Fixed NPE when doing Synchronize on a non-root element.
* Refactored base resources to not inherit CachedResourceVariant.
to this change there were two extra copies of every file. The on
Subversion keeps, and the one Eclipse keeps. This eliminates the
Eclipse copy. This is a performance booster, not to mention disk
* Improved performance of update action from Synchronize view. (346)
* Changed default preferences. Will only effect new users/workspaces.
Console options are on by default. All icon decorators are on, all
text decorators are off. Made url_short the default project
instead of url.
* Several improvements to Share Project:
1. Replaced usage of term "module" with "folder"
2. On the Enter Folder Name page, we now show what the URL will
based on what the user enters. This should make it more
understandable what they are doing.
3. At the end of the process, instead of launching a Synchronize
process, we just open the commit dialog. This should make it
more obvious that a commit is still needed.
4. If you try to share the project with an existing folder, we
stop you and explain that you cannot do that. Previously, we
suggested that they would be able to Synchronize with that
location, which is not currently the case.
5. Related to #4, when you disconnect a project from SVN and
choose to remove the metadata, we now give a confirmation
warning that explains that they will not be able to share the
project back to the same location.
6. The Use specified folder name option allows the folder to be
choosed from a repository browser. This dialog, also allows
folders to be created so you can create any intermediate
if needed. Finally, the folder you choose has "/New folder"
appended to the end to emphasize that you have to supply a non
existing folder for the final folder in the URL.
* Allow checkout actions from root URL. (366)
* Update action from Synchronize view updates to the specific revision
shown in the view, as opposed to HEAD.
* Checkout As... action no longer just deletes every local resource
that was created by the New Project wizard (such as the .classpath
file). Now it first runs svn info to see if that file exists in the
repository and only deletes the local file if the file exists in the
repository. If the local file is not deleted, the Subversion
* Show the repository name on the prompt for username and password
* Added svn:ignore action to Synchronize view.
* Fixed a NPE in Show in Resource History when the repository root URL
* More help system updates.
* Enhancements to Resource History view. Added a view menu with
to show/hide the comment area and/or the affected paths. When the
latter is hidden, we run svn log without the -v option which
generally is considerably faster making the view more responsive.
* Fixed several problems with Compare. Identified a problem in JavaHL
when svn:eol-style is specified. Until the JavaHL problem is fixed,
users will still need to use the Eclipse preference to ignore white
space. JavaSVN and the CLI do not have the problem.
* Fixed NPE when doing revert on Project folder property change. (376)
* Improvements when using Label as project decorator. (309)
* Fixed potential NPE in decorator code. (291)
* Added Show Log button to the Switch dialog. (377)
Scanned for SoftLanding Systems, Inc. by IBM Email Security Management Services powered by MessageLabs.
Received on Sat Aug 27 00:27:03 2005