(I'll answer in more detail later, just quick points for now)
Robert Muir wrote on Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 08:24:55 -0400:
> On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 4:43 AM, Daniel Shahaf <d.s_at_daniel.shahaf.name> wrote:
> > Robert:
> > How did you commit r1356317? (the import of the api-4_0_0_ALPHA docs to
> > the CMS) Did you get any error? Was
> > api-4_0_0_ALPHA/org/apache/solr/handler/loader/package-summary.html
> > handled specially in some way?
> > As per the below, that file was committed in a malformed way --- the
> > metadata claim that it was "modified" rather than "added" --- and we're
> > trying to find out how that happened.
> Hi Daniel: I did a normal 'svn add' + 'svn commit' here.
> I did had trouble committing this. In fact Steven Rowe (sarowe@) had
> to help cleanup so we could get the documentation out on the site for
> the release.
> Here is the timeline I remember:
> 1. did a mega-commit (r1356265) before this for the Apache Lucene
> javadocs that took quite some time. This succeeded.
> 2. after that succeeded, I did this one for the Apache Solr javadocs.
> But, I think this commit possibly overlapped with some SVN maintenance
> on July 2 ?
> #asfinfra IRC Bot @infrabot
> svn .apache.org to be restarted briefly for short maintenance -- <danielsh>
> 11:05 AM - 2 Jul 12 via infrabot
I presume that's UTC-0400
Good call. Your commit was:
r1356317 | rmuir | 2012-07-02 16:13:49 +0000 (Mon, 02 Jul 2012)
The svn maintenance you refer to was at 16:05, related to rep-cache.db
errors. (We should have them in httpd/irc logs.)
Your earlier commit was:
r1356265 | rmuir | 2012-07-02 14:44:31 +0000 (Mon, 02 Jul 2012)
and it touched ~5700 files.
> 3. during this time I had a frazzled connection in general, it was the
> Monday after the Washington-DC area storm outages.
> I'm honestly having trouble remembering, but I am fairly positive I
> issued the 'svn commit' command before this maintenance. And I believe
> the commit succeeded, but the resulting buildbot action failed!
Received on 2012-07-11 15:49:35 CEST