[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

Re: svn commit: r1327477 - /subversion/trunk/subversion/libsvn_subr/

From: Stefan Fuhrmann <eqfox_at_web.de>
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2012 20:32:05 +0200

Am 18.04.2012 21:41, schrieb Greg Stein:
> On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 14:22, Stefan Sperling<stsp_at_elego.de> wrote:
>> On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 12:33:23PM -0000, stefan2_at_apache.org wrote:
>>> Author: stefan2
>>> Date: Wed Apr 18 12:33:23 2012
>>> New Revision: 1327477
>>>
>>> URL: http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?rev=1327477&view=rev
>>> Log:
>>> Naming policy: Rename all svn_*.c to just *.c in /subversion/libsvn_subr.
>> Was there a very important reason for this change?
> It was in response to a commit review where Hyrum noted the "svn_"
> prefix is redundant.
>
>> This change can cause tree-conflicts during backports that affect
>> these files. It's not likely to cause a lot of harm since we're
>> looking at a small amount of files that rarely receive backport
>> changes. Still, a heads-up or question about concerns on dev@ would
>> have been nice since this creates extra work during backports
>> for no apparent gain.
Sorry for that. I had Hyrum's post in mind and searched
for affected files. Then I realized that the majority were
"mine" and the others were basic / stable ones. Since
1.7 has had a number of bugfix releases already, the
probability for urgent backports should be relatively low.

So, I went for the rename. If that causes backport problems,
feel free to ask me to do the merge.
> I applaud the corrected names :-P
>
>> A minor nit: You forgot to list svn_temp_serializer.c in the log message.
> And svn_types.c
Fixed.

-- Stefan^2.
Received on 2012-04-22 20:32:38 CEST

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Dev mailing list.