On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 2:44 PM, Mark Phippard <markphip_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 6:03 AM, Stefan Sperling <stsp_at_apache.org> wrote:
>> On Thu, Apr 05, 2012 at 06:05:22PM +0200, Stefan Sperling wrote:
>>> On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 03:54:13PM +0100, Stefan Sperling wrote:
>>> > Subversion-1.6.18 tarballs are now available for testing/signing by
>>> > committers. To obtain them please check out a working copy from
>>> > https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/subversion
>>> > Please add your signatures to the .asc files there.
>>> Reminder: We still need one windows sig for 1.6.18.
>> Anyone, please speak up if you are intending to provide the missing
>> signature. If we don't get a word within 24h I will consider releasing
>> with just two Windows signatures. 1.6.18 has been waiting for signatures
>> for more than 2 weeks now.
> I will not be providing Windows signatures. My build system is not
> setup for 1.6.x. I spent some time trying to get it to work but was
> not successful and do not have any more time to spend on it.
I also had some problems getting it back up and running. AFAIR, I was
having two problems mainly:
- Something with a symbol from zlib, when built with ASM sources. I
couldn't immediately fix it, and I remembered having run into this
before. I removed "--enable-ml" from the gen-make.py line, and this
did the trick (so it's built without some assembly routines, but still
... good enough for running regression tests :-)). I don't know (and
don't care anymore) why I'm not seeing this with my 1.7.x or trunk
builds, and only with the 1.6.x build.
- Some linker problems with a couple of serf functions. I tried again
with an older serf version that I still had lying around: 0.7.1
(instead of 1.0.0 which I used first), and that worked.
Not saying that these are the same problems you're seeing (and since
you're probably not going to try again ...), but just as a FYI. Maybe
it's relevant. (sorry I didn't report these earlier (and with accurate
details), but I was a bit too busy and I was already relieved after I
successfully got it to build finally ... and somehow lost the console
output of the build failures).
Received on 2012-04-10 15:15:06 CEST