Re: Please review this dumpfile documentation
From: Stephen Butler <sbutler_at_elego.de>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 23:34:46 +0100
On Dec 19, 2011, at 20:36 , Eric S. Raymond wrote:
> I want to get it finished and into the repo, where it will answer
1. Is replace on a nonexistent path expected to fail?
2. Is add on an existing path expected to fail?
Yes, and yes. I'm not an expert server-side hacker, but it'd be a cryin'
For a reality check, I tried some very simple surgeries on a valid dumpfile,
1. Replacing a non-existent path is rejected with "E160013: File not found".
2. Adding path that already exists succeeds in at least one case. :-(
- Adding a directory twice fails with "E160020: File already exists".
- Adding a (fresh) file twice fails with "E160004: Invalid change ordering:
- Adding a file with history twice in the same revision fails with "E160004:
- Adding a file with history twice _in two revisions_ succeeds silently (!)
Looks like our sanity-checking of 'svnadmin load' input needs some work.
-- Stephen Butler | Senior Consultant elego Software Solutions GmbH Gustav-Meyer-Allee 25 | 13355 Berlin | Germany tel: +49 30 2345 8696 | mobile: +49 163 25 45 015 fax: +49 30 2345 8695 | http://www.elegosoft.com Geschäftsführer: Olaf Wagner | Sitz der Gesellschaft: Berlin Amtsgericht Charlottenburg HRB 77719 | USt-IdNr: DE163214194Received on 2011-12-19 23:35:27 CET
This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Dev mailing list.