Forgot to add: this was with the repository via svnserve on localhost.
On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 12:16 AM, Johan Corveleyn <jcorvel_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Mark,
> Here is another data point, for my old (t)rusty Windows XP (32-bit)
> this time, on a system with a pretty slow hard disk (5.4k rpm), 1.83
> GHz Intel T2400 cpu, 3 GB RAM.
> I must say the results look very good for 1.7 (r1086021) compared to
> 1.6.16 on this system. Especially for the "Folder tests" and the
> "Binaries tests" (rather: you can see how much it hurts sometimes to
> use 1.6.x on this kind of system, when working with working copies
> with lots of folders). Apart from "Bin-commit" and "Bin-rm", I can't
> see a significant performance degradation within your test-suite on my
> Both test runs were run with antivirus enabled (AVG free). I also did
> a run of 1.7 with AV disabled, but it made no significant difference.
> I rebooted between each test run just to be sure about disk caching
> Oh, and I made my 1.7 build with "Release" configuration. At least on
> Windows, I know there is a significant performance difference between
> "Debug" builds and "Release" builds (that became clear during my
> perf-work on "svn diff"). Best to compare release builds with release
> builds, I think...
Received on 2011-03-29 11:41:20 CEST