[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

Error with tree conflict data in database after update from 1.6

From: Alan Wood <Alan.Wood_at_clear.net.nz>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 12:33:34 +1300

Hi Devs
 I have now taken the plunge and moved to using version 1.7 tsvn for my development.

After updating one of my working copies from 1.6 using TortoiseSVN from 2011/03/20
subversion 1.7.0 r1082999 I had the following error:

using svn status either from TortoiseSVN or from command line gave:
..\..\..\subversion\svn\status-cmd.c:326: (apr_err=155016)
..\..\..\subversion\svn\util.c:969: (apr_err=155016)
..\..\..\subversion\libsvn_client\status.c:537: (apr_err=155016)
..\..\..\subversion\libsvn_wc\status.c:2430: (apr_err=155016)
..\..\..\subversion\libsvn_wc\status.c:1259: (apr_err=155016)
..\..\..\subversion\libsvn_wc\status.c:1023: (apr_err=155016)
..\..\..\subversion\libsvn_wc\status.c:1207: (apr_err=155016)
..\..\..\subversion\libsvn_wc\status.c:803: (apr_err=155016)
..\..\..\subversion\libsvn_wc\status.c:561: (apr_err=155016)
..\..\..\subversion\libsvn_wc\questions.c:424: (apr_err=155016)
..\..\..\subversion\libsvn_wc\wc_db.c:7742: (apr_err=155016)
..\..\..\subversion\libsvn_wc\tree_conflicts.c:209: (apr_err=155016)
svn: E155016: Invalid conflict info in tree conflict description

After a debug session I found the offending row was for a directory
called LanguageDlls.

SELECT op_depth, repos_id, repos_path, presence, kind, revision,
checksum, translated_size, changed_revision, changed_date,
changed_author, depth, symlink_target, last_mod_time, properties
FROM nodes
WHERE wc_id = 1 AND local_relpath = "LanguageDlls"
ORDER BY op_depth DESC;
0|1|trunk/Qproject/SuiteMSVC/LanguageDlls|normal|dir|365|||361|12994
79689054333|alan|infinity||0|

SELECT * FROM actual_node WHERE wc_id = 1 AND local_relpath =
"LanguageDlls";
  1|LanguageDlls|||||||||()||||

The "()" for the tree_conflict_data causes the error to be reported.
I have deleted this row and all is ok now.

Unfortunatly I did not keep a copy of the old working copy. It was
all up to date with no changes so I knew I could just check it out
again. I now do not have a way to reproduce this.
 There should not have been any conflict data of any sort in this
working copy as I am the only developer and I have only every had
one working copy. But that is relying on my memory a bit much.

I hope someone may be able to plug this little hole in the upgrade
system.

Thanks
Alan Wood

Alan Wood
Napier
New Zealand
Phone +64 6 835 4505
Received on 2011-03-21 00:34:17 CET

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Dev mailing list.