On Sun, Jan 2, 2011 at 8:19 PM, Daniel Shahaf <danielsh_at_apache.org> wrote:
> Johan Corveleyn wrote on Sun, Jan 02, 2011 at 20:13:59 +0100:
>> On Sun, Jan 2, 2011 at 7:36 PM, Daniel Shahaf <danielsh_at_apache.org> wrote:
>> > Johan,
>> > I saw your sync merge, so I ran 'svn up' with intent to rebuild. When
>> > I ran that 'up' with the branch build, I got a conflict, which didn't
>> > appear when I ran it with a trunk build. (See attached transcript.)
>> Did you do that with a build of HEAD of diff-optimizations-bytes (i.e.
>> only changes to diff2 behavior)? Or with a build where the patch for
>> diff3 was applied?
> The latter, I believe.
Phew, that's a relief :-).
I'm pretty confident of the diff2 changes that are currently
committed, but the diff3 patch posted yesterday is definitely broken.
Interesting info, none the less, to see how it's broken, so thanks.
I'll see if this helps me understand where it's going wrong ...
>> > Furthermore, the conflict resolution (a) marked all the head of the file
>> > as conflict (which is wrong; line 49 did change, but the first
>> > 20-something lines are identical), and (b) deleted everything after
>> > line 232.
>> > I realize that (a) is an outstanding issue (discussed in another thread
>> > this weekend), but I don't recall that (b) is a known issue.
>> > Daniel
Received on 2011-01-02 20:46:01 CET