For more testing, I setup a brand new SVN repository (using v1.5.4).
In the old SVN Repo, I checked out the problematic file
(.cache/.dataModel) from rev 288 and rev 289.
In the new SVN Repo, I added the problematic file (from rev 288) and
committed, which became Rev 4.
Then I copied the problematic file (rev rev 289) ontop of that file and
commited, which became Rev 5.
I'm successfully able to do a 'svn diff -r 4:5'.
Does this imply that I have corruption in my old SVN Repository?
Or is something being lost when checking out the file from Rev 289 that
does break SVN in my test?
> I'm trying to import my SVN repository into GIT and its throwing an
> Assertion Failed error message in text_delta.c Can someone help me?
> The assertion failed error occurs when running 'svn diff -r 288:289'
> which contains only one change - a change made to a binary file. That
> binary file is the Eclipse dataModel file, both revs (288, 289) have
> the file marked as application/octet-stream using the svn:mime-type
> subversion - 1.5.4
> git - 22.214.171.124
> The SVN repository was started using 1.4.6, if that matters
> Here's the exact error message:
> $ svn diff -r 288:289
> svn: subversion/libsvn_delta/text_delta.c:609: apply_window: Assertion
> `window->sview_len == 0 || (window->sview_offset >= ab->sbuf_offset &&
> (window->sview_offset + window->sview_len >= ab->sbuf_offset +
> ab->sbuf_len))' failed.
Received on 2009-01-09 22:34:02 CET