[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

Re: Serf 0.2.0 released was Re: NULL-pointer access in RC5

From: Lieven Govaerts <svnlgo_at_mobsol.be>
Date: Sat, 07 Jun 2008 11:17:03 +0200

Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> [ adding in serf-dev@ ]
>
> On Fri, Jun 6, 2008 at 4:18 PM, Blair Zajac <blair_at_orcaware.com> wrote:
>
>> I updated serf in MacPorts to 0.2.0. Should take a few hours for it to show
>> up in the index.
>>
>
> Thanks!
>
>
>> Also, I'm getting these test failures on OS X 10.4 linked against the latest
>> MacPorts ports (apr, apr-util):
>>
>> There were 4 failures:
>> 1) test_serf_setup_proxy: test/test_context.c:566: expected <0> but was <22>
>> 2) test_keepalive_limit_one_by_one: test/test_context.c:700: expected <0>
>> but was <48>
>> 3) test_keepalive_limit_one_by_one_and_burst: test/test_context.c:860:
>> expected <0> but was <48>
>> 4) test_serf_progress_callback: test/test_context.c:978: expected <0> but
>> was <48>
>>
Only the first test is really failing. It's test server wasn't stopped, so the others fail to start their test server. This requires adding a constructor and destructor to the test framework.

> Well, FWIW, on Mac OS X 10.5, I'm getting:
>
> There were 6 failures:
> 1) test_serf_setup_proxy: ../../serf/test/test_context.c:566: expected
> <0> but was <47>
> 2) test_keepalive_limit_one_by_one:
> ../../serf/test/test_context.c:700: expected <0> but was <48>
> 3) test_keepalive_limit_one_by_one_and_burst:
> ../../serf/test/test_context.c:860: expected <0> but was <48>
> 4) test_serf_progress_callback: ../../serf/test/test_context.c:978:
> expected <0> but was <48>
> 5) test_ssl_load_cert_file: ../../serf/test/test_ssl.c:38: expected
> <0> but was <20014>
> 6) test_ssl_cert_subject: ../../serf/test/test_ssl.c:53: expected <0>
> but was <20014>
>
Hm, these last failing tests look like a problem with OpenSSL.

> ra_serf seems happy enough though. -- justin
>
Which versions of apr and apr-util are you guys using? The new test
suite always had problems on Mac OS X. I've fixed the segfaults, but
there seem to be at least one issue remaining. It's possible that the
cause is due to an issue in serf it self, but it's more likely it's
somewhere in the replay functionality of the test suite.

The whole Subversion test suite runs almost without problems on Mac, and
the remaining problems are in ra_serf, not serf.

Lieven

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe_at_subversion.tigris.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help_at_subversion.tigris.org
Received on 2008-06-07 11:17:35 CEST

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Dev mailing list.