On Feb 19, 2008 10:34 AM, Paul Burba <ptburba_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> On Feb 18, 2008 1:03 PM, Karl Fogel <kfogel_at_red-bean.com> wrote:
> > "Mark Phippard" <markphip_at_gmail.com> writes:
> > > So. With this in mind, where do we stand towards a beta release of this
> > > codebase? I'm not talking release candidate necessarily, but are we ready
> > > to put *something* official out there in users' hands? (And on our own
> > > svn.collab.net box?) Are folks wanting instead to hold off for a real RC1?
> > I think we probably could cut alpha1 this week. IMHO the one after
> > that should be beta1 (unless there's any pressing reason to call it
> > alpha2). After we've got any big problems (based on tester feedback)
> > cleared away, we should move right to the RC series, as described in
> > http://subversion.tigris.org/hacking.html#release-stabilization.
> > Here's what remains to be done for alpha:
> > * Review and voting on porting these changes to 1.5.x:
> > + issue #3089 changes (detect repository mergeinfo capability)
> > + r29155 (let packagers build some of svn against installed libs)
> > + changes to fix 'log -g'.
> > + support Neon 0.28
> > * Issue #2986 (copy-on-update loggy behaviors)
> > I'm working on this right now, with help from glasser, who
> > already did most of the issue (just some prop stuff left)
> > * Issue #2973 (revert of a changeset rX on a target with merge
> > history from same target does not work)
> > I have no idea what this is about, except for the summary above :-).
> This has been discussed in a few places, but a nice concise (I hope)
> description of the problem can be found here if anyone wants to weigh
> > pburba, you're the assignee: should this stay in 1.5, and if so,
> > what's left to do?
> I have a patch that solves the problem, just addressing some concerns
> from Kamesh (see the aforementioned thread). Should be committed
> nominated for backport
... and nominated. (Kamesh, since you looked at this already in that
other thread could you vote for it? Just ping me in IRC if you can
and I'll do the actual backport.)
> or punted to 1.6 within a day I hope.
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe_at_subversion.tigris.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help_at_subversion.tigris.org
Received on 2008-02-20 18:30:23 CET