[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

Re: JavaHL Test failures

From: Mark Phippard <markphip_at_gmail.com>
Date: 2007-08-08 22:31:46 CEST

On 8/8/07, Mark Phippard <markphip@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8/8/07, Paul Burba <pburba@collab.net> wrote:
>
> > > I have not run JavaHL tests recently and I do not know if
> > > anyone else does either. I just ran them on Windows and got
> > > these two failures.
> > > I wonder if the tests just need to be updated based on
> > > changes Paul Burba made recently?
> > >
> > > Does anyone else get these?
> > >
> > > There were 2 failures:
> >
> >
> > I get those failures as well. And yes, the tests needed to be changed
> > to reflect the new semantics of svn_merge_range_t that I made in r25836.
> > Fixed the tests in r25996.
> >
> > Paul
> >
> > P.S. I assume you would have mentioned this had you seen them, but are
> > you getting any JavaHL errors like this?
> >
> > C:\SVN\src-trunk>java -cp
> > C:\SVN\src-trunk\subversion\bindings\javahl\classes;"C:\Program
> > Files\Java\jdk1.6.0\jre\lib\ext\junit.jar" org.tigris.subversion.
> > javahl.RunTests
> > .............E.E...........................
> > ...
> > Time: 572.469
> > There were 2 errors:
> > 1)
> > testCopy(org.tigris.subversion.javahl.BasicTests)org.tigris.subversion.j
> > avahl.ClientException: Entry has no URL
> > svn: 'C:\SVN\src-trunk\working_copies\basic_test10\A\B\F\alpha' has no
> > URL
> >
> > at org.tigris.subversion.javahl.SVNClient.getCopySource(Native
> > Method)
> > at
> > org.tigris.subversion.javahl.SVNClientSynchronized.getCopySource(SVNClie
> > ntSynchronized.java:2170)
> > at
> > org.tigris.subversion.javahl.BasicTests.assertExpectedCopySource(BasicTe
> > sts.java:853)
> > at
> > org.tigris.subversion.javahl.BasicTests.testCopy(BasicTests.java:792)
> > at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
> > at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
> > at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown
> > Source)
> > at org.tigris.subversion.javahl.RunTests.main(RunTests.java:56)
> > 2)
> > testMove(org.tigris.subversion.javahl.BasicTests)org.tigris.subversion.j
> > avahl.ClientException: Entry has no URL
> > svn: 'C:\SVN\src-trunk\working_copies\basic_test11\A\B\F\alpha' has no
> > URL
> >
> > at org.tigris.subversion.javahl.SVNClient.getCopySource(Native
> > Method)
> > at
> > org.tigris.subversion.javahl.SVNClientSynchronized.getCopySource(SVNClie
> > ntSynchronized.java:2170)
> > at
> > org.tigris.subversion.javahl.BasicTests.assertExpectedCopySource(BasicTe
> > sts.java:853)
> > at
> > org.tigris.subversion.javahl.BasicTests.testMove(BasicTests.java:836)
> > at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
> > at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
> > at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown
> > Source)
> > at org.tigris.subversion.javahl.RunTests.main(RunTests.java:56)
> >
> > FAILURES!!!
> > Tests run: 44, Failures: 0, Errors: 2
>
> Interesting. Those looks like real errors. I used to always get two
> errors, so I just tend to ignore them. In my case, the errors were
> always with a file in .svn folder being locked. I was told to ignore
> the problems since it is likely caused by A/V or TortoiseSVN or
> something.
>
> I will run the tests again and look closer.

So here are the two errors I get, same ones I have always got:
There were 2 errors:
1) testCopy(org.tigris.subversion.javahl.BasicTests)org.tigris.subversion.javahl
.ClientException: Path is not a working copy directory
svn: '.' is not a working copy
The system cannot find the path specified.
svn: Can't open file '.svn\entries': The system cannot find the path specified.

        at org.tigris.subversion.javahl.SVNClient.getCopySource(Native Method)
        at org.tigris.subversion.javahl.SVNClientSynchronized.getCopySource(SVNC
lientSynchronized.java:2170)
        at org.tigris.subversion.javahl.BasicTests.assertExpectedCopySource(Basi
cTests.java:853)
        at org.tigris.subversion.javahl.BasicTests.testCopy(BasicTests.java:792)

        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at org.tigris.subversion.javahl.RunTests.main(RunTests.java:56)
2) testMove(org.tigris.subversion.javahl.BasicTests)org.tigris.subversion.javahl
.ClientException: Path is not a working copy directory
svn: '.' is not a working copy
The system cannot find the path specified.
svn: Can't open file '.svn\entries': The system cannot find the path specified.

        at org.tigris.subversion.javahl.SVNClient.getCopySource(Native Method)
        at org.tigris.subversion.javahl.SVNClientSynchronized.getCopySource(SVNC
lientSynchronized.java:2170)
        at org.tigris.subversion.javahl.BasicTests.assertExpectedCopySource(Basi
cTests.java:853)
        at org.tigris.subversion.javahl.BasicTests.testMove(BasicTests.java:836)

        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at org.tigris.subversion.javahl.RunTests.main(RunTests.java:56)

It is interesting that it is the same test and the same failure point
but a different error. I am building with MSVC 6.0.

This still makes me wonder if there is not an actual bug here in the code.

-- 
Thanks
Mark Phippard
http://markphip.blogspot.com/
---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@subversion.tigris.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@subversion.tigris.org
Received on Wed Aug 8 22:30:05 2007

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Dev mailing list.