[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

Re: r16476 broke binary compatibility with 1.0/1.1 clients

From: Peter N. Lundblad <peter_at_famlundblad.se>
Date: 2006-03-30 17:09:17 CEST

Malcolm Rowe writes:
> r16476 (adding diff --summarize API calls) effectively changed the
> prototype for svn_ra_plugin_t->do_diff() vtable member (though you
> changed only the callers and implementations, not the svn_ra_plugin_t
> structure itself, so the prototype and uses are actually mismatched).

I didn't change the deprecated plugin prototypes. I added a TRUE value
to the call of do_diff in the new (private) vtable. That being said,
the log message was misleading, which I fixed.

> I guess that we need to split the RA vtables into a private-use vtable for
> the flat svn_ra_xxx functions and a 'public' vtable for 1.0/1.1 callers;
> the latter would then have a reference to a compatbility diff function
> that doesn't expect the text_deltas argument.
>
Good idea. See r12801:-) The point of that was actually to be able to
change the vtable without having to provide compat wrappers in all
three RA implementations (and to make the use of this API cleaner).

Thanks,
//Peter

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@subversion.tigris.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@subversion.tigris.org
Received on Thu Mar 30 17:09:43 2006

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Dev mailing list.