Re: [Bug] ClientException with special characters in SVNClient.diff (JavaHL) if properties changed
"Mathias Weinert" <email@example.com> wrote:
> I did some more testing and found out that I have much more
> problems if I use Subversion under windows (without any cygwin).
> On Windows I get the same error with everything I do with the
> file 'xäx':
> D:\Path\To\WC>svn info xäx
> svn: Safe data 'x' was followed by non-ASCII byte 228: unable to convert to/from UTF-8
> D:\Path\To\WC>svn info svn://path/to/repos/xäx
> svn: Safe data 'svn://path/to/repos/x' was followed by non-ASCII byte 228: unable to convert to/from UTF-8
> D:\Path\To\WC>svn info svn://path/to/repos/xÃ¤x
> svn: Safe data 'svn://path/to/repos/x' was followed by non-ASCII byte 195: unable to convert to/from UTF-8
> If I do a checkout I get the following:
> A repostrans\x?\195?\164x
> and the file is checked out correctly.
> So this thread is now about to be two ones:
> 1. What can I do under Windows to get the special characters
> being handled properly (I already tried seeting LC_ALL to
> a lot of different values)?
> 2. (again) Why does everything except the properties
> work well with the JavaHL (I still have the hope that
> there can be changed something in the Subversion
> Any help is appreciated
I found a solution for my original problem (many thanks
As my Java is the one from windows there are some windows
things to remember. One is the APR_ICONV_PATH environment
variable. After setting it to the iconv path from the
Subversion windows distribution everything works fine -
JavaHL as well as the windows command line client.
So the only thing still open is the question why
getting properties for a path with special characters
in its name is (until now) the only point when using
JavaHL where I need the iconv path whereas anything else
(I have used until now) works without it.
Thanks four your help!
To unsubscribe, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
For additional commands, e-mail: email@example.com
Received on Tue Nov 22 14:59:40 2005
This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Dev