Mark Phippard <MarkP@softlanding.com> wrote on 05/02/2005 02:21:55 PM:
> sussman asked me on IRC to post this over here.
> I did a custom build of the 1.2.x branch today from r14551 which was
> at the time. I did the build on Win32 and there were a few custom bits,
> although I do not think they are relevant here.
> VS .NET 2003
> No BDB
> OpenSSL is linked static
> With that out of the way ... I ran into an odd problem when running svn
> lock via http:// to a Win32 server using brane's RC2 binaries (only the
> client is custom).
> Basically, svn lock foo returns the message
> 'foo' locked by user 'null'.
> The server does challenge me for a username and password and that
> shows up on the server log. svn info WC and svn info URL both do not
> the lock owner field but do show the lock token and date.
> svn:// works fine.
> I think the problem might be in r14543 on the 1.2.x branch. It looks
> there was code added to libsvn_ra_dav/session.c to implement svn info
> URL:// I think this problem might be a side effect of that change. Only
> because the diff of that revision seems to have a fair amount of code
> related to the lock owner.
OK, I can see what this "problem" is. I will let you decide if you should
fix it or not. r14543 now gets the lock owner out of a custom header.
However, this header was not sent by the server prior to this fix. So my
problem would occur when using an RC2+ client with an RC2 or earlier
server. Once the server is on RC2+ it will be sending the header that the
client is looking for.
Perhaps the client could fallback to ras->auth_username if it does not get
Scanned for SoftLanding Systems, Inc. by IBM Email Security Management Services powered by MessageLabs.
To unsubscribe, e-mail: email@example.com
For additional commands, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Received on Mon May 2 21:08:55 2005