[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

Re: Unnecessary path encoding in svnserve

From: Greg Hudson <ghudson_at_MIT.EDU>
Date: 2004-08-03 16:11:52 CEST

On Tue, 2004-08-03 at 09:49, Shun-ichi GOTO wrote:
> I inspected svnserve source code and found the fail point in
> serve.c::find_repos(). It encodes requested repository path (utf-8) into
> local encoding (apr-encoding) only for using apr_filepath_merge(). So it
> limits directory name in repository with server side charset.
>
> Is it intended?

Pretty much. Although the encoding step which failed could be avoided
in a more perfect world, a later step would fail when we tried to find
the repository root of the URL. We do this search by starting with the
full path portion of the URL, and then removing trailing path elements
until we find a repository. So we need to be able to encode the full
URL path in the local charset.

As a workaround, you could set LC_CHARSET to UTF8 when running svnserve.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@subversion.tigris.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@subversion.tigris.org
Received on Tue Aug 3 16:12:25 2004

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Dev mailing list.