I am pleased to announce that another interim release of Subversion is
now available. You can grab release 0.31.0 at the following
The MD5 checksum for this release is: a58df76993c1e6b1bfe80dd77d290ab2
* this release was tested against and ships with the latest
neon release, 0.24.3, though, ANY of the neon-0.24.x releases will
work. Neon is available at: http://www.webdav.org/neon/neon-0.24.3.tar.gz
* apr/apr-util from httpd-2.0.47 are still required.
httpd-2.0.47 is available at: http://httpd.apache.org/download.cgi
For a full list of changes please refer to the end of this email.
Please direct all questions and comments regarding this release to
the dev_at_subversion.tigris.org mailing list.
Version 0.31.0 (released 08 October 2003, revision 7355)
* new 'svnlook history' command (and removal of 'svnadmin lscr').
* new 'auto-props' feature can set file properties during 'svn add/import'
* win32 client now properly converts UTF8 to console-locale. (r7168, #872)
* 'svn up' now notices when svn:externals value changes. (r7256, #1519)
* authentication changes:
- client caches auth-creds in memory for a single session (r7292, #1526)
- SSL cert caches keyed on host+port, not any SSL connection. (r7174)
* faster 'svn log' (see new fs-history algorithm) (#1499)
* faster repos read-operations (caching gives ~20% speedup) (rXXXX, #1499)
* faster updates (fewer entries-file writes gives ~20% speedup) (r7170, #1490)
* more work on psvn.el and svn_load_dirs.pl
* more cvs2svn bugfixes
* obsolete manpages truncated to point to 'help' and book URLs. (r7340, #1508)
* other bugfixes: no more revision keywords "FIRST" or "CHANGED" (r7250),
fix 'svn cp URL URL' $EDITOR msg generation (r7264), fix regression
bug in 'svnadmin load' (r7273), 'svnadmin setlog' now triggers
repository hooks (r7322), 'svn cp -rHEAD wc' now works correctly (r7331),
post-commit-hook failures correctly ignored by client (r7342, #906)
* tons of filesystem improvements (#1499):
- new fast fs-history algorithm: allows stable VR urls (r7283, #1499)
- new dag-node caching (r7163)
- skip-deltas now run in individual trails (r7138)
- no-op svn_fs_copy()s don't write to the database (r7158)
* mod_dav_svn MERGE response is faster (using svn_repos_replay()) (r7191)
* ensure consistent wc 'dead entry' cleanup (r7197, r7204, #1075)
* lots of work on gen_win.py, gen_make.py, gen_base.py tools
* lots of work on making SWIG-java bindings build.
* updates/improvements to javahl bindings and SWIG-perl bindings
* updates/improvements to Mandrake RPM builds
* other bugfixes: python testsuite now uses local path separators (r7224),
svn:externals no longer keeps connections open (r7312, #1448),
UTF8-to-local date conversion (r7316, #1534), API consistification
changes (r7298, r7302, r7304, r7307).
GPG Key fingerprint = 1660 FECC 5D21 D286 F853 E808 BB07 9239 53F1 28EE
If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right!
To unsubscribe, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
For additional commands, e-mail: email@example.com
Received on Wed Oct 8 22:01:43 2003