I am using subversion on a windows 2000 laptop first 5 revs to the
repository had no problems, and then something happened. I guess I did a
commit that was not completed but I did not notice. Later, svn commands
would just hang. So I followed the troubleshooting guide and did a "svnadmin
recover PATHTOREPO". After that I could see results from "svn log" which
previously hung. Then I tried to commit new changes, but I got a message
saying there were locks in the repository and that I should clear them with
"svn cleanup" and so I did. Now I commit again, and I get the following
bash-2.03$ svn status
bash-2.03$ svnlook date /HFBBA_svn_repository
2003-10-02 19:08:40 -0400 (Thu, 02 Oct 2003)
bash-2.03$ svn ci -F svn-commit.tmp
svn: Transaction is out of date
svn: Commit failed (details follow):
svn: out of date: `/trunk/java/HFBBA/.nbattrs' in txn `j'
bash-2.03$ ls -la java/HFBBA/
drwxr-xr-x 4 jvazquez Administ 8192 Oct 1 13:25 .
drwxr-xr-x 5 jvazquez Administ 4096 Sep 24 14:42 ..
-rw-r--r-- 1 jvazquez Administ 804 Oct 1 13:25 .nbattrs
drwxr-xr-x 7 jvazquez Administ 4096 Oct 8 11:29 .svn
I see the timestamp for the latest rev is Oct 2, and there are files it
claims that have changed yet are dated Oct 1. So I guess that is what the
message means... I don't have a "touch" command in my cygwin installation
(long story) so I'm not sure how to change the dates on those files (or if
that is really the problem or not) I tried opening the files in an editor
and saving them again just to change the modification dates. The "ls -la"
command showed the updated modification dates, but svn ci still complained
on the same file.
Jose (a desperate programer who does not want to go back to cvs :-( )
To unsubscribe, e-mail: email@example.com
For additional commands, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Received on Wed Oct 8 17:41:00 2003