[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

Re: 5033: property lost on renamed file

From: Alexis Huxley <ahuxley_at_gmx.net>
Date: 2003-02-23 17:32:45 CET

> > I've built 5033. I've retrieved a working copy, and files on which
> > I had attached svn:keywords properties *and* renamed the files (and
> > committed) have lost the property.
>
> The rename isn't necessary to trigger the problem
>
> $ svnadmin create repo
> $ svn co file://`pwd`/repo wc
> $ echo '$HeadURL$' > wc/foo
> $ svn add wc/foo
> $ svn ps svn:keywords HeadURL wc/foo
> $ svn ci wc
> $ rm -rf wc
> $ svn co file://`pwd`/repo wc
> $ cat wc/foo
> $HeadURL: $

I confirm that your smaller recipe also triggers it, but the original
situation I had - prior to making the recipe - had been arrived at
with the following steps:

        check out many source files which all already had properties
        rename *some* of the files
        commit
        delete wc
        upgrade to 5033
        retrieve wc

and at this point the files which I had *not* moved contained the
correct keyword expansion, but those that I had moved had lost it.

I don't know if that is relevant.

> It looks like a checkout bug, doing
>
> $ svn up -r0 wc
> $ svn up -r1 wc
>
> triggers keyword expansion. If there isn't an issue one should be
> raised.

I don't mind doing that. I guess I have to create an account ...

Alexis

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@subversion.tigris.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@subversion.tigris.org
Received on Sun Feb 23 17:33:33 2003

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Dev mailing list.