From: Ben Collins-Sussman <sussman_at_newton.collab.net>
Date: 2001-01-31 17:31:25 CET
Alpha Checklist (?)
The client-side of things is much further along than the server-side
Assuming the filesystem is up and running, I believe this is a list of
* write general "multiple target" logic in client
* need shared code which will
* remove redundant targets from a target list
* need to make all libsvn_client commands utilize this logic
* updates need to bump revisions on everything, not just changed
* general changes #2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Change #2: Modify prototypes of replace_*() and add_*()
* ra_dav -- this is GREG'S BIG PROJECT. :)
* --> editor interface which writes to a fs transaction
* make sure the client can handle moves/renames/copies:
* <-- update editor should gracefully handle "adds with
* branching and merging commands
* log history commands
* annotate commands
* cvs --> svn repository converter
Things that should *probably* be in SVN 1.0, but not necessarily:
* tracking of changeset-like metadata, so we can do "genetic merging"
* client-side diff plugins (in command-line client)
* win32 gui
* svn --> cvs (lossy) repository converter
Remember that for SVN 1.0, we need *compelling* reasons to make
* much, much faster networking
* versioning of directories, moves, renames.
These are probably the two largest gripes of CVS users.
This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Dev mailing list.