[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

Re: svndiff changes

From: Greg Hudson <ghudson_at_MIT.EDU>
Date: 2000-10-11 20:50:11 CEST

> I'm trying to pick up the ball on getting libsvn_wc commits working.
> However, suddenly none of our XML input files work anymore, because
> they don't contain `svndiff' data:

Yeah, I feel bad about this.

When I checked in the code to hook up svndiff to xml_output and
xml_parser, I figured that I or someone else could trivially generate
some svndiff output (libsvn_delta/tests/svndiff-test will do it), sub
it into the XML input files, maybe fix a few small bugs (all the
components were known to be tested and apparently working), and
everything would work again.

Unfortuantely, there turned out to be a small project in the way of
embedding svndiff data into XML. I have written the base64 encoder
and the code to hook it up, and now have to debug it. This afternoon
and evening are pretty much shot for me, unfortunately.

The "simple workaround" would be to re-disable the call to
svn_txdelta__vdelta in svn_txdelta() and partially revert the changes
to xml_output and xml_parse so that they include full file text again.
This is like half an hour of work for me and probably several hours of
work for someone less familiar with that part of the code. I'll see
if I can squeeze in that half hour.
Received on Sat Oct 21 14:36:10 2006

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Dev mailing list.